With such great success of just -shoving-everything-in-a-blender- for my mac’n’cheese recipe, I decided to try out a few other pasta dishes. One of my absolute faves is similar to Deliciously Ella’s green pasta with a few extra bits added!
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 Pinch Garlic Powder
1 White Onion
1 Teaspoon Thyme
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 Tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast
150ml Plant Based Milk (I used Almond)
1 Large Courgette
200g Frozen Peas
1 Big Handful Spinach
1 Handful Coriander
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
225g of Spelt Pasta
- Add a little coconut oil to a pan and gently fry off the courgette with the onion – slowly add the frozen peas and spinach
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme and garlic
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add salt and add the pasta, I went for spelt penne by Biona Organics which cooks in about 7 minutes!
- In the meantime, once all the veggies in the pan have cooked – pour them into a blender
- To the blender, add nutritional yeast (helps to make the sauce extra creamy,) lemon juice, coriander and almond milk (You can use any plant based milk!)
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and add it back into the pan along with the sauce and give it a good mix
- At this point I added a few more peas to make it look a lil’ more interesting!
- Once served, add a handful of chopped cherry tomatoes and a little more salt and pepper if you need!
Thanks for reading,